If your holiday budget is small this year, you might be wondering if there are any handmade gifts you could make, even if you aren’t a gifted crafter. Martha to the rescue! I’ve collected my 10 favorite handmade gift projects that even the most craft-impaired person can make. So while the rest of the world is out fighting the crowds on Black Friday, why not enjoy a quiet day at home and work on some low-cost DIY gifts with Martha?
1. Decal Candles. This craft is ridiculously easy and Martha even provides the templates.
2. Bath Fizzies. Cute and easy to make. What woman wouldn’t enjoy receiving these?
3. Velvet Ribbon Belts. Who wouldn’t love a fab new belt?
4. Map Coasters. I made these and they were actually quite easy. Perfect for a man or a woman, and easy to personalize with maps from their favorite vacation spot, cabin, or even where they honeymooned.
5. Photograph jewelry. Any gift that involves buying something and sticking a photo in it is doable for even the most craft-impaired. You know you can make any mom or grandma misty eyed with this kind of gift.
6. Stenciled Stool. Stenciling is a quick way to dress up a child’s stool, and a stool is a gift a young child will use every day at the bathroom sink.
7. Holiday Drink Mixers. Just mix and give – no crafting required! This is a gift that says “invite me to your next party.”
8. Pecan Clusters. You can’t go wrong with candy and these are classier than homemade fudge any day. Sneak a couple for yourself.
9. Popcorn tins. This all-purpose gift is even less expensive when you make your own at home. There are many yummy options available.
10. Organza Sachets. This is a great project for kids to work on with you or do on their own with a little guidance.